HCG For Weight Loss | Does HCG Cause Weight Loss?
There are a lot of people using HCG for Weight Loss, but does HCG and the HCG Diet Protocol even work for weight loss? The answer is actually pretty simple. The short answer is that HCG alone will not cause weight loss, but the HCG Diet Protocol will cause weight loss.
Table of Contents
HCG for Weight Loss | Does HCG Cause Weight Loss?
One of the longstanding questions about the use of HCG for the HCG Diet Protocol, is whether or not HCG actually causes a person to lose weight. While HCG hasn’t shown in any studies to cause weight loss alone, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the HCG Hormone doesn’t have a place in a diet protocol. Critics of the HCG Diet say that the HCG Diet alone is what causes weight loss, and therefore hCG is worthless as a diet drug. While they are correct that HCG doesn’t specifically cause weight loss, those who make this claim aren’t looking at the whole picture.
How Does the HCG Hormone Help?
The truth is that HCG does not cause weight loss. This doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have benefits when used in conjunction with the HCG Diet. Many doctors have noted that while HCG does not cause weight loss, it DOES, however, help to guard against the effects of Very Low Calorie Dieting. Some of the possitive effects of using HCG for Weight Loss include:
- HCG Guards against Muscle Wasting
- Guards against testosterone downregulation*
- Reduces Metabolic Downregulation
While there is no clinic evidence to suggest that HCG causes a reduction in hunger, it should be noted that there are a lot of individuals who swear that HCG helps to control hunger.
How Does the HCG Diet Cause Weight Loss?
Anyone who knows anything about dieting and weight loss, understand how many variables there are when it comes to actually getting a client to adhere to a diet; Also, getting a client to not only lose weight, but keep it off. Some of the issues a diet coach, trainer, or dietician have to think about are:
- Diet Adherance
- Diet Adherance
- The most common reason that a client won’t succeed, is quitting. The most common reasons a client will quit, is because they feel that the sacrifice outweighs the benefits. Most of the time, weight loss clients aren’t ready the accept the fact that they will have to change longstanding habits. The HCG Diet tends to be successful, because dieters find that they lose weight very fast; Often, up to 1 lb per day. This alone is often the driving force behind why dieters stick to the diet.
- Hunger is the strongest human drive. No wonder so many people have such a hard time losing weight. The HCG Diet employs a low carbohydrate diet that usually causes the dieter to get into ketosis. One of the unique effects of ketosis, is that it causes the individual who has achieved ketotis to have a large reduction of hunger and appetite. This has to do with the body making a switch from primarily burning sugar/glycogen as energy, to burning fat. Once this happens, sugar/carb cravings mostly go away, and blood sugar spikes and lows mostly subside.
- Once your body has converted into ketosis, energy levels tend to even out. For some people, energy is a problem on the HCG Diet, and for others, Energy is great. It really depends on each individual and how their body adapts to low carbohydrates. Many clinic’s recomend and prescribe B12 injections with HCG. This can be very helpful for anyone following the HCG Diet.
- Most people are unacquainted with the feeling of Being in ketosis. Some feel great, and others don’t feel so great. Again, we recomend using B12 with the HCG Diet.
- Lifestyle can be one of the biggest obstacles a person has overcome on the HCG diet. Most individuals can follow a strict diet protocol for a short period, especially when they notice rapid results. The hard part is getting a person to follow better lifestyle choices AFTER the diet.
How Much Weight Can I Lose on the HCG Diet?
The amount of weight a person can lose on the HCG Diet is very dependent on a few variables.
- Current Weight
- Diet History
Current weight is the most important factor in determining how fast you can lose weight. The larger you are, the more calories your body burns. Every tissue of your body requires a certain amount of energy to survive. So, if you weight 300 lbs, the odds are that you are going to lose around a lb a day. If you are only 150 lbs, the odds aren’t as much in your favor. You might be able to lose 1/4-1/2 lb per day. This is just simple science.
The older you are, the slower your metabolism. While this isn’t as much of a determining factor as your overall weight, you will notice as you get older that you lose weight a bit slower. Sorry, old folks.
Men almost always lose faster than womeen. Don’t get angry though, women. Men usually have to maintain a much lower bodyfat percentage than you do, to stay in good health.
The amount of calories a person burns can be affected be diet history. Some individuals have a long history of yoyo dieting, where they have tried restricting calories for prolonged periods of time. Often, this can have a detrimental effect on your metabolic rate. Don’t be overly worried though, the difference is minimal. If you have a slowed metabolism, it doesn’t take long to regain most of your metabolic rate through propper nutrition and exercise. If you have a long history of dieting, we recommend eating at maintenance levels for at least 2 weeks before staritn a diet. This means you are eating enough to maintain weight. Add exercise, and your metabolic rate will increase faster.
How Long Should I Be On The HCG Diet?
Anyone using HCG for Weight Loss should understand that The HCG Diet is an extremely restrictive diet. Not only are you restricted by calories, but you are eating from a strict food list. While this is okay for a short period, it is not meant to be a long term diet. You can quickly get to where you have nutrient deficiencies if you followed a diet like this for too long. When this happens, it slows your metabolic rate, you burn muscle tissue, and your energy levels dwindle. It can be really difficult to reverse-diet yourself back in to full health, if you follow a diet like the HCG Diet Protocol for too long. We recomend 3-6 week rounds of the diet, followed by 2-3 week diet breaks. During these diet breaks, the goal is to maintain weight, while slowly increasing calories and exercise. Exercising will increase the amount of calories you can eat, and the more you can eat, the faster your metabolic rate will recover.
Is the HCG Diet Safe?
You will hear a lot of boogie-man reactions to the HCG Diet. Yes, the HCG diet is extremely restrictive, but it’s also meant to help a heavy person to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. If you don’t follow the diet for more than 3-6 week rounds, you should be just fine. Less resctrictive diets followed for short durations have just as many side effects as more restrictive diets over short durations. Click here if you want to get started on the HCg Diet.